Ramdev discharged from hospital, advised against yogaJune 14th, 2011 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Dehradun, June 14 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev was discharged from hospital here Tuesday morning, four days after he was admitted there due to deteriorating health during a nine-day long fast against corruption, officials said.
Announcing his discharge, doctors at the Jolly Grant Hospital in the Uttarakhand capital said his blood pressure and pulse rate were normal. The doctors have also advised him not to do breathing exercises and yoga for a few days.
He will leave for his ashram on the outskirts of Haridwar.
“He must take rest till he becomes totally fit. There is no special restriction on food as he takes only fruits,” S.L. Jethwani from the hospital told reporters here.
Asked if another fast may cost Ramdev his health, the doctor said: “If he gets totally well and then goes for a fast, there will be no problem.”
- Ramdev discharged, vows to fight on (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramdev discharged, says campaign will continue (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramdev says campaign will continue, reaches Haridwar (Third Lead, Changing Dateline) - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramdev stable, say doctors - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev to be discharged Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Ramdev taken to Dehradun hospital; fast continues, say aides (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev being taken to Dehradun hospital (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev stable, to be discharged Tuesday - Jun 13, 2011
- RSS chief requests Ramdev to end fast - Jun 11, 2011
- Indian yoga guru on hunger strike taken to hospital - Jun 10, 2011
- Save Ramdev, BJP tells government - Jun 10, 2011
- Ascetic dies fasting for Ganga - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramdev supporters to continue protests against graft - Jun 12, 2011
- Fasting Ramdev rushed to hospital; health stable (Roundup) - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev's condition stable, say doctors - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: ashram, blood pressure, breathing exercises, corruption, doctors, few days, fruits, grant hospital, haridwar, Health Science, june 14, outskirts, pulse rate, restriction, tuesday morning, uttarakhand, yoga guru