Ramdev attack an RSS conspiracy: Digvijay Singh (Lead)January 14th, 2012 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 14 (IANS) The ink attack Saturday on yoga guru Baba Ramdev was a “well-orchestrated conspiracy” of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Congress leader Digvijay Singh said.
Digvijay Singh told reporters here that he had seen visuals of the man who threw ink at Ramdev and “it seems to be a well-orchestrated conspiracy”.
He said Kamran Siddiqui, who threw the ink, runs an NGO Real Cause and was “anti-Congress”.
“People of Sangh were promoting Baba Ramdev like anything. He has, however, been exposed. Hence, they have enacted it to make him a hero,” he said.
“It should be probed how much fund his NGO got from various government departments during the NDA (National Democratic Alliance) rule,” he added.
Asked if he saw the attack as a case of match-fixing between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Siddiqui, the Congress leader said “definitely”.
Earlier, Digvijay Singh said it seemed to be a conspiracy to create tension between Hindus and Muslims.
“It should be probed who this person is. I always say fanatic Hindus and fanatic Muslims together do such things,” the Congress general secretary said.
“I think there is some such conspiracy in this so that there is sympathy for Baba Ramdev and tension between Hindus and Muslims,” he said.
“We condemn any such action. It should not have happened.”
- Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- In attack on Ramdev, attacker beaten up (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- BJP condemns ink attack on Ramdev - Jan 14, 2012
- Parties, Team Anna condemn attack on Ramdev (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Ramdev attacker booked - Jan 14, 2012
- Court seeks police report on 'ink attack' on Ramdev (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- 'BJP giving moral support to Ramdev campaign' (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Your supporters misleading you, Digvijay tells Anna (Roundup) - Oct 11, 2011
- Ramdev is a cheat: Digvijay Singh - Jun 05, 2011
- BJP hits out at Digvijay Singh for Ramdev-RSS remarks - Jun 04, 2011
- Kejriwal is BJP agent, says Digvijay Singh - Jul 21, 2012
- Digvijay Singh faces complaint for Ramdev remark - Jan 19, 2012
- Digvijay rejects charge of communalising terror - Jul 24, 2011
- Congress out to malign me: Ramdev - Sep 09, 2012
- Ramdev fast a political conspiracy: Bukhari - Jun 04, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress leader, conspiracy, digvijay singh, general secretary, government departments, hero, hindus and muslims, ink attack, match, national democratic alliance, New Delhi, ngo, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, siddiqui, sympathy, tension, visuals, yoga guru