Raman Singh mocks Rahul Gandhi’s road showApril 26th, 2008 - 9:21 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, April 26 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has mocked Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi’s road shows and his interactions with tribals in the state that ended Saturday evening. “It’s a national highway road show that will hardly impress people or even help him (Gandhi) to get a better view of rural people’s life quality and their daily problems,” Singh told newspersons here.
Singh, who was appointed in December 2003 to head the Bharatiya Janata Party government in the state, said: “If the Congress leader is serious about addressing tribals’ problems, he should travel to forested interiors rather than shaking hands amid Congress zindabad slogans on national highways.”
The 37-year-old Congress parliamentarian staged road shows on national highways Friday in state’s northern Surguja district.
His convoy Saturday travelled on national highway 43 to reach Kanker from Jagdalpur in Bastar district. Gandhi visited several villages including a Maoist-infested tribal village in the interiors, Antaagarh, in Kanker district to complete his two-day trip to the mineral rich state.
Singh, who is making surprise visits to the state’s poor rural hamlets since April 21 as part of the BJP government’s 10-day village contact drive, said: “Gandhi too should make flash visits in interiors rather than shaking hands and meetings persons who were prepared by the state Congress to interact with him.”
- By-poll ahead, but no one's campaigning in Bastar interiors - May 03, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi begins two-day Orissa tour - Jul 13, 2011
- Rahul in favour of industries but with proper rehabilitation (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Development answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia Gandhi (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- On Day 100, Manipur warns of 'harsh action' - Nov 08, 2011
- Raman Singh begins rural drive from Maoist heartland - Apr 18, 2012
- Chhattisgarh BJP wooing tribals in violence-hit Bastar - Jun 10, 2012
- Maoist strike hits life in interior Chhattisgarh - Jul 01, 2010
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Agnivesh attacked by protesters, two officials transferred - Mar 27, 2011
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds - Jul 21, 2011
- Development is answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi begins his second day of padyatra - Jul 06, 2011
- Sonia in Rae Bareli: Dalits and Muslims on agenda - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: bastar district, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, congress leader, jagdalpur, kanker, life quality, mineral rich, national highways, old congress, party government, rahul gandhi, raman singh, shaking hands, state congress, surguja, surprise visits, tribal village, tribals, zindabad