Ramadoss to quit as minister after PMK-AIADMK tie-upMarch 24th, 2009 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 24 (IANS) The resignation of union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss is imminent following a decision by his father and PMK party founder S. Ramadoss to align with the AIADMK, highly placed PMK sources said Tuesday.
“While the timing of the resignation is being worked out, the decision to align with the AIADMK has been finalised,” a senior aide of the PMK founder said here.
“The AIADMK offer of seven Lok Sabha constituencies and a Rajya Sabha seat in the future has been accepted by our party’s founder. This naturally means we are quitting the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) coalition,” he added.
Tamil Nadu will go to the polls May 13 to elect 39 MPs.
- PMK to decide on alliance Thursday; Ramadoss meets Congress (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 24, 2009
- DMK joins hands with PMK for Tamil Nadu assembly polls - Feb 18, 2011
- DMK-PMK in pact for Tamil Nadu elections (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- PMK leader Ramadoss' Rajya Sabha dreams go awry - May 15, 2011
- Ramadoss defends PMK colleague criticised by Karunanidhi - Jun 08, 2010
- PMK leaders meet Karunanidhi over seat allocation - Jun 07, 2010
- PMK splits from UPA to join AIADMK, Congress says 'minor impact' (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2009
- PMK divorces UPA to join AIADMK, Congress dejected (Third Lead) - Mar 26, 2009
- DMK-PMK in pact for Tamil Nadu elections - Feb 18, 2011
- DMK ministers to resign Monday - Mar 06, 2011
- Ramadoss, Velu resign from Manmohan Ministry - Mar 28, 2009
- Question of PMK-DMK alliance doesn't arise now: Karunanidhi - Feb 02, 2011
- Ramadoss, Velu to resign today - Mar 28, 2009
- AIADMK, AINRC win by-polls in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Oct 20, 2011
- PMK abandons UPA, goes with AIADMK (Lead) - Mar 26, 2009