‘Ram temple the only electoral issue in Ayodhya’April 23rd, 2009 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 23 (IANS) The construction of the Ram temple is the only electoral issue in Ayodhya, the national convener of the Dharma Raksha Manch, a Hindu group affiliated to the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), said Thursday.
“Roads, water and electricity are not issues in Ayodhya. Construction of a grand Ram temple is the only decisive issue for the election in Ayodhya,” Gyan Das told reporters in Ayodhya, after casting his vote at the Katra polling booth.
“The Hindutva agenda” would be the only one that would decide the fate of the candidates as far as the Faizabad parliamentary seat is concerned, he added.
Ayodhya, which is part of the Faizabad parliamentary constituency, has around 65,000 voters. It is around 200 km from Lucknow.
Prominent candidates contesting the Faizabad seat include Lallu Singh (Bharatiya Janata Party), Mitrasen Yadav (Samajwadi Party), Vimlendra Mohan Pratap Mishra (Bahujan Samaj Party) and Nirmal Khatri (Congress).
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Advani kicks off BJP's UP poll campaign with Ram temple - Feb 05, 2012
- 19 years after Babri demolition, Ram temple on backburner? - Dec 05, 2011
- 'Mulayam Singh must seek pardon for Ayodhya comments' - Oct 02, 2010
- Varun has freed Gandhis of their sins: Hindu outfit - Mar 25, 2009
- Babri demolition anniversary low-key in Ayodhya-Faizabad - Dec 06, 2011
- Nirmohi Akhara wants Kalam, Deoband in Ayodhya mediation - Oct 13, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict: Nirmohi Akhara to also move Supreme Court - Oct 17, 2010
- Katiyar hints at legal battle if Ayodhya suit is lost - Sep 19, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict: Okay to Ram temple, land to Muslims too (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2010
- Nirmal Khatri appointed UP Congress chief - Aug 28, 2012
- VHP satisfied with BJP's election manifesto - May 01, 2009
- Letter threatens to blow up Ramjanmabhoomi complex - Apr 17, 2012
- Ayodhya dispute: Ansari's move for talks welcomed - Oct 04, 2010
- Hindu leaders want law to build Ram temple in Ayodhya - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: ayodhya, bahujan samaj party, bharatiya janata party, gyan, hindu group, hindutva agenda, khatri, mishra, mitrasen yadav, nirmal, parliamentary constituency, parliamentary seat, polling booth, pratap, raksha, ram temple, samaj, Samajwadi Party, vhp, vishwa hindu parishad