Rajnath Singh has over Rs.10 million assets, but no carApril 17th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 17 (IANS) Somewhat similar to Congress party president Sonia Gandhi, Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) national president Rajnath Singh too possesses assets of over Rs.1 crore (Rs.10 million), but no car, according to the affidavit filed by him Friday.
Singh, who filed his nomination papers for the Ghaziabad Lok Sabha seat, disclosed assets worth Rs.1.21 crore (Rs.12.1 million).
In his affidavit submitted before the returning officer, Singh said he has a residential house in Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, valued at Rs.55 lakh. He has ancestral agricultural land in Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh, valued at Rs.45.22 lakh. His cash deposit in banks is Rs.21,24,876 (over Rs.2 million).
The cash deposit in his wife Savitri Singh’s name is Rs.8,71,564. The jewellery in their joint name is valued at Rs.18 lakh.
However, Rajnath Singh and his wife do not have a car in their name.
Sonia Gandhi, who filed her nomination papers earlier for the Rae Bareli seat in Uttar Pradesh, said in her affidavit that her assets totalled Rs.13.8 million (Rs.1.38 crore). She has an ancestral home in Italy, but no car.
Her MP son Rahul Gandhi, who filed his nomination for the Amethi seat in Uttar Pradesh, also has no car.
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- Nitish, Bihar ministers declare assets - Jan 03, 2012
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Sonia owns house in Italy, no car in India - Apr 06, 2009
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Sonia files nomination, Rae Bareli promises thumping win (Lead) - Apr 06, 2009
- Mayawati added Rs.23.64 crore to her wealth in two years - Mar 13, 2012
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.200 crore - Jan 12, 2012
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: 1 crore, 10 million, affidavit, agricultural land, ancestral home, bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress party president, home in italy, jewellery, Lok Sabha, national president, nomination papers, rae bareli, rahul gandhi, rajnath singh, returning officer, rs 1, rs 2, sonia gandhi