Rajnath Singh congratulates new RSS chief BhagwatMarch 21st, 2009 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh Saturday congratulated Mohanrao Bhagwat for becoming the new Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief.
The BJP president expressed confidence that Bhagwat will give a new dimension to the ‘Sangh Karya’ that has been “dedicated towards preserving and propagating esteemed nationalist values among various areas of society”.
The former RSS chief K.S. Sudarshan stepped down from his post on health grounds. He expressed his inability to continue while speaking at the Akhil Bharatiya Pratinidhi Sabha, the national representative body of the RSS, at Nagpur.
After Sudarshan’s resignation, Bhagwat, 59, who has worked with RSS for the last 30 years, has taken over the mantle.
After Keshav Baliram Hedgewar, who founded the RSS in 1925 at the age of 36, Bhagwat is the youngest RSS chief.
- Mohan Bhagwat is new RSS chief, Sudarshan quits (Lead, Chanding dateline) - Mar 21, 2009
- Bihar stocks RSS books in government schools, says JD-U rebel - Jul 31, 2011
- RSS: A journey of 83 long years - Mar 22, 2009
- Congress trying to deflect attention from corruption: BJP - Nov 14, 2010
- K.S. Sudarshan traced near his residence (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Mohan Bhagwat: A vet and RSS pracharak for over 30 years (Profile) - Mar 21, 2009
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Don't go for power 'at any cost', says Rajnath - Jun 09, 2012
- Gadkari used Sudarshan as proxy to attack Sonia: Congress MP - Nov 12, 2010
- Party will decide PM candidate: Advani - Oct 10, 2011
- RSS justifies chief's statement on prime ministerial candidate (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- RSS justifies chief's statement on PM candidate (Lead, superseding previous story) - Jun 20, 2012
- Congress criticises former RSS chief over anti-Sonia remarks (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- I have no links with RSS: Hazare - Nov 10, 2011
- RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: akhil, bhagwat, bjp president, confidence, health grounds, keshav, mantle, march 21, nagpur, national representative body, New Delhi, new dimension, rajnath singh, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, resignation, rss chief, s sudarshan, sabha