‘Rajasthan Police arrested man on false charge’April 12th, 2012 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 12 (IANS) Rajasthan Police Thursday arrested a man who had filed a complaint in a court here three days ago against Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot for not taking timely action against some legislators who were allegedly involved in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi, his lawyer said.
The man’s lawyer alleged Thursday that the man - Krishna Kukkar, a social activist - was arrested on false charges.
The man was arrested by police on charges of provoking a constable against his seniors in Sriganganagar district Thursday, some 500 km from here.
The constable, Anil Godara, has been staging demonstration for past one month against the district superintendent of police Rupindar Singh after he was transferred.
Police said that Kukkar and some others had been provoking the constable which is against the law.
Kukkar had filed the complaint against Chief Minister Gehlot in the court of special chief judicial magistrate (CBI cases) Monday for not taking timely action against some legislators who were allegedly involved in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi for their alleged role in the kidnapping and murder of Bhanwari Devi Sept 1 last year.
The nurse had allegedly prepared a CD showing Maderna in a compromising position with her and was blackmailing the politician.
Kukkar, in his complaint claimed that Bhanwari Devi had approached Gehlot at his Civil Lines residence here before her kidnapping and murder, and apprised him of the situation, said the complaint’s lawyer A.K. Jain.
However, Gehlot did not take timely action against the minister and the legislator, which led to her murder, Jain said.
The complaint is to come up for hearing April 16.
“Kukkar’s arrest has come three days after he filed the complaint. It is vengeful act,” said Jain.
- Complaint against Gehlot for 'inaction' in Bhanwari case - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Bishnoi's bail plea rejected in Bhanwari case - May 26, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Legislator's kin declared proclaimed offender - Apr 16, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Court issues notice to CBI chief, officials - Apr 19, 2012
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Husband of missing Rajasthan nurse arrested - Dec 08, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Court extends Maderna's custody - Dec 24, 2011
- Probing threats to CBI, Bhanwari case witnesses: Government - Mar 03, 2012
- CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister over missing nurse - Nov 25, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Arrested Congress legislator faces new charge - Feb 28, 2012
- Gehlot meets Maderna in hospital - Nov 15, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI to file report in court Nov 24 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- CBI seeks more time to probe missing nurse case - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: anil, ashok, bhanwari devi, bishnoi, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, constable, district superintendent, false charges, jain, judicial magistrate, krishna, legislator, legislators, maderna, mahipal, politician, social activist, timely action