Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 ’staged’ shootoutApril 5th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 5 (IANS) Rajasthan legislator Rajendra Singh Rathore of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was arrested by the CBI here Thursday in connection with the allegedly staged killing of criminal Dara Singh in 2006.
Rathore, who represents the Taranagar constituency in Churu district, was presented before an additional chief judicial magistrate, who remanded him to judicial custody till April 9.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested Rathore, who was a minister in the BJP government led by Vasundhara Raje.
The staged shootout by police’s special operations group took place on the outskirts of Jaipur Oct 23, 2006.
The probe agency, in its chargesheet filed in a court, accused Rathore of kidnapping and criminal conspiracy.
“I have always cooperated with the investigating agency and will continue to do so. Although, I must say that I am being falsely implicated,” said Rathore.
The case has so far seen the arrest of 11 policemen, including two Indian Police Service (IPS) officers. The IPS officers are Additional Director General of Police A.K. Jain and Inspector General of Police A. Ponnuchami.
Other arrested policemen are inspectors Nisar Khan, Naresh Sharma and Subhash Godara, sub-inspectors Satyanarayan Godara and Munshi Lal, assistant sub-inspector Surendra Singh, constables Jagraj and Bardi Prasad and driver Sardar Singh.
Accused policemen Rajesh Chaudhary, Zulfikar and Arvind are on the run.
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Four Rajasthan cops accused of staged gunfight surrender - Jul 26, 2011
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Court nod for seizing Rajasthan cop's properties - Aug 20, 2011
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Ex-cop gets bail in Rajasthan staged shootout - Aug 25, 2011
- Rajasthan IPS officer surrenders in Dara Singh case - Feb 28, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- Rajasthan top cop evading arrest, removed from post - Jun 02, 2011
- Rajasthan BJP leader accused in shoot-out case, denies charges (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Senior Rajasthan cop sent to police custody - May 16, 2011
Tags: arvind, bardi, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, cbi, central bureau of investigation, constables, criminal conspiracy, dara singh, indian police service, investigating agency, judicial custody, judicial magistrate, munshi, naresh, rathore, special operations group, surendra singh, vasundhara raje, zulfikar