Raja attends Lok SabhaMay 16th, 2012 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Former telecommunications minister A. Raja attended parliament Wednesday, a day after he was released from Tihar Jail after getting bail in the 2G spectrum case.
The DMK MP reached the Lok Sabha post noon after question hour was over.
As cameras clicked away, Raja, who walked out of prison Tuesday evening after 15 months, did not respond to questions from the media.
Giving him bail, the court had said that he could not visit his former office, the department of telecommunications, or his home state Tamil Nadu without permission.
Raja resigned as minister Nov 14, 2010 after the Comptroller and Auditor General reported that his 2008 decision to allocate 2G spectrum on a first-come-first-served basis had caused the exchequer a presumptive loss of Rs.1.76 lakh crore. The CBI arrested him Feb 2, 2011.
- After 15 months, Raja is out of jail (Roundup) - May 15, 2012
- Raja granted bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Fourth Lead) - May 15, 2012
- After 15 months in jail, Raja gets bail (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Raja gets bail, can't visit DoT or Tamil Nadu (Third Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Court allows Raja to make Tamil Nadu trip - Aug 17, 2012
- Raja gets bail after 15 months in jail (Second Lead) - May 15, 2012
- 2G case: Citing parity, Raja seeks bail (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- 2G case: Raja seeks bail citing parity (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Raja allowed to go Tamil Nadu - Jun 06, 2012
- Chidambaram's role in 2G allocation: Hearing in mid-March - Mar 01, 2012
- Court reserves order on Raja's bail plea (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Chidambaram decided 2G spectrum prices with Raja: Swamy - Nov 22, 2011
- Raja to depose from jail via video (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- 2G: Court notice to CBI on Raja's plea (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- 2G case: Citing parity, Raja seeks bail (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
Tags: 15 months, cameras, cbi, comptroller and auditor general, dmk, feb 2, first come first served basis, lakh, Lok Sabha, mp, New Delhi, parliament, rs 1, spectrum, telecommunications, tuesday evening