Raj Thackeray sent to 14 days judicial custody (Lead)October 21st, 2008 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 21 (IANS) Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray was Tuesday sent to 14 days judicial custody by a Mumbai court for an attack by his party’s activists on north Indians appearing for a railway exam in neighbouring Kalyan district. However, he secured bail in the case of attack on the candidates in Bandra.MNS workers had Sunday attacked non-Maharashtrians appearing for a railway board recruitment examination in several parts of the state. Thackeray was arrested from Ratnagiri, about 250 km from here, early Tuesday.
Thackeray was presented before a magistrate in the Bandra court, who granted him bail on a surety of Rs.15,000 in the case of attack on north Indian candidates in Chetna College in Bandra.
However, the MNS chief was sent to judicial custody till Nov 4 for the attack on non-Maharashtrians in Kalyan.
After spending a night in jail, Thackeray will Wednesday be presented before a magistrate in Kalyan, who will decide whether to grant bail or not.
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Thackeray gets bail, minutes after getting jail (Lead) - Oct 22, 2008
- Raj Thackeray gets bail on surety of rupees one lakh - Jun 29, 2009
- Kalyan court sends Thackeray to jail for 14 days - Oct 22, 2008
- Raj Thackeray remanded to judicial custody till July 13 - Jun 29, 2009
- High Court quashes Raj Thakray's bail, asks him to surrender - Jun 16, 2009
- Raj Thackeray arrested for violence, bailed out (Lead) - Jun 29, 2009
- 14 days judicial custody for Raj Thackeray - Oct 21, 2008
- Mumbai held to ransom after Raj Thackeray arrest (Roundup) - Oct 21, 2008
- Raj Thackeray gets bail - Feb 05, 2011
- North Indian attacks: Raj Thackeray to surrender before court today - Jun 29, 2009
- Court will hear Raj Thackeray case after 10 months - Nov 18, 2009
- Raj Thackeray taken to Kalyan Railway Police Station - Jun 29, 2009
- Rahul Gandhi ill-informed: Raj Thackeray retorts to speech - Nov 14, 2011
- Kalyan under curfew ahead of Raj Thackeray''s court appearance - Oct 22, 2008