Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish KumarSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 2 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Sunday said that Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray is publicity-hungry and has nothing to do with democracy.
Reacting to Thackeray’s remarks last week that Biharis in Maharashtra were “infiltrators”, Nitish Kumar told reporters here: “Raj Thackeray has been doing all this for publicity and has nothing to do with democracy.”
The chief minister wondered how would the Maharashtra government handle terrorism when it had failed to tackle a person like Thackeray. “It appears that Raj Thackeray has support of the Congress for doing all this,” he said.
Last week, Thackeray had called Biharis in Maharashtra “infiltrators” in reaction to reports of a letter from the Bihar chief secretary warning Mumbai police against picking up suspects from the state without first informing local police.
“How come most offenders are from Bihar,” Thackeray asked, adding that there was no need for Bihari politicians to teach Maharashtra the rules.
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Thakerays are 'infiltrators' in Maharashtra from Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 09, 2012
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Nitish proposes Maharashtra Day celebration in Bihar - Apr 16, 2012
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Bangladeshi infiltrators behind Mumbai violence, says Raj Thackeray (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Raj Thackeray renews attack on north Indian immigrants - Oct 04, 2011
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- Bihar politicians slam Uddhav Thackeray - Sep 04, 2012