Raj Thackeray ‘permits’ airing of show featuring Pakistani artistsSeptember 6th, 2012 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 6 (IANS) Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray Thursday gave the green signal to airing of the show “Sur Kshetra” featuring Pakistani artists after the officials and producers of the channels met him here, party officials said.
Earlier this week, Thackeray had reiterated the party’s threat to disrupt shooting of “Sur Kshetra” stating that he does not favour the same.
The show will be go on air Saturday on Colors and Sahara channels. The music reality show will have two teams - one is mentored by Indian composer Himesh Reshammiya and the Pakistani team will have Atif Aslam as their guru.
Indian singing legend Asha Bhosle, popular Bangladeshi crooner Runa Laila and acclaimed Pakistani Sufi singer Abida Parveen will judge the show.
Raj Nayak, the CEO of Colors and Boney Kapoor, director of Sahara One Media and Entertainment Ltd, met Thackeray Thursday and requested him stating that they have already shot many episodes.
“We met with Mr. Thackeray and told him that we have shot over 15 episodes of the show and that we are really looking forward to air the show as scheduled,” Kapoor told media persons after the meeting.
Thackeray told them that he stands by his views and that it is wrong to entertain Pakistani artists when Indians are not welcomed in their country. He, however, gave them the green signal to air the show, a party official said.
“Both Boney Kapoor and Raj Nayak met Raj Thackeray and requested him not to disrupt the show’s airing or its subsequent shooting. Raj saab, however, said that he will surely give them a go ahead, but they should ask their souls whether or not it is right to entertain Pakistani artists, while Indians are not welcome in Pakistan,” said Shalini Thackeray, secretary of Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNCKS), the film wing of MNS.
- MNS threatens TV channels featuring Pakistanis - Aug 30, 2012
- MNS threatens to disrupt shooting of 'Sur-Kshetra' (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Music to bridge India-Pakistan divide - Sep 05, 2012
- 'Sur-kshetra' to simulcast on Colors, Sahara One - Jul 05, 2012
- MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes - Aug 13, 2012
- New Indo-Pak music show shoot shifted to Dubai - Jan 23, 2012
- Rakhi Sawant, others join Raj's film workers' sena - Mar 24, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani singers to battle it out on 'Sur-kshetra' - Dec 21, 2011
- Pass or fail - the motto of 'Sur Kshetra' - Aug 31, 2012
- Shiv Sainiks beat up guards at 'Bigg Boss' bungalow - Oct 05, 2010
- Sena, MNS protest Pakistani presence, security up for 'Bigg Boss' channel (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Sur Kshetra' no less than India-Pakistan cricket match: Reshammiya - Sep 12, 2012
- 20 Shiv Sainiks held for trying to disrupt 'Bigg Boss' (Lead, changing dateline) - Oct 05, 2010
Tags: aslam, ceo, colors, crooner, favour, guru, indian singing, indians, media persons, mr thackeray, pakistan, party officials, producers, raj thackeray, reality show, runa laila, saab, sahara one, shalini