Raj Thackeray arrestedNovember 15th, 2008 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 15 (IANS) Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray was arrested Saturday afternoon in connection with a non-bailable warrant issued against him, a police official said.Earlier, Raj went to the Mazagaon court to surrender after which he was arrested.
The Jamshedpur police have moved an application seeking his remand in the case, which will be decided later today.
The warrant against Thackeray had been issued by the Jamshedpur court for his alleged defamatory utterances against Biharis. The case, filed by a lawyer Hamed Razaa Khan, also accused Thackeray of hurting religious sentiments of a particular section of the society.
- Jamshedpur court sends warrant for Raj Thackeray - Oct 20, 2008
- Raj Thackeray secures bail after arrest (Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Raj arrested, freed on bail (Second Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Jamshedpur court seeks clarification on Thackeray warrant - Nov 17, 2008
- Jharkhand court issues notice on Raj Thackeray - Feb 18, 2009
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- 10,000 Mumbai autorickshaw permit holders agree to electronic meters - Oct 05, 2011
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Jharkhand court warns Raj Thackeray about seizure of property - Feb 18, 2009
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008
- Mumbai police issues gag order against Raj Thackeray - Oct 21, 2008