Raids on Kanda’s homes, offices continueAugust 9th, 2012 - 11:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Delhi Police Thursday continued raids on the offices and homes of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in Delhi and Haryana in the suicide case of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma. Kanda is still absconding.
His associate Aruna Chaddha, who was arrested Wednesday, would be produced before a court Thursday, police said.
While Kanda failed to show up for questioning, Chaddha, an employee of the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, was taken into custody.
“We are continuing with our raids at his homes, offices and all other possible hideouts,” Deputy Commissioner of Police P. Karunakaran told IANS.
Charges of criminal intimidation were Tuesday slapped on Kanda and he was summoned for questioning over the death of his former employee Geetika, whose body was found hanging at her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar Aug 5. She had named Kanda and Chaddha in her suicide note.
“Aruna Chaddha will be produced in a Rohini court today (Thursday),” Karunakaran said.
Police had Wednesday raided Kanda’s farmhouse, mansion, hotel and office.
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Kanda close to being nailed in Geetika suicide: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Gurgaon women to march for Geetika to Jantar Mantar - Aug 22, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Kanda hunt on, Geetika's autopsy confirms no foul play - Aug 11, 2012
- Kanda, Chaddha in judicial custody till Sep 25 - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: ashok, commissioner of police, criminal intimidation, delhi police, deputy commissioner, farmhouse, flight attendant, haryana minister, hideouts, kanda, karunakaran, mansion hotel, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, north delhi, suicide case, suicide note