Raids continue on Kanda’s homes, offices (Lead)August 9th, 2012 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Delhi Police Thursday continued raids on the offices and homes of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the suicide case of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Kanda, whose properties in Gurgaon, Faridabad and Delhi were raided, is still absconding
His associate Aruna Chaddha, who was arrested Wednesday, would be produced before a court Thursday, police said.
While Kanda failed to show up for questioning, Chaddha, an employee of the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, was taken into custody.
“We are continuing with our raids at his homes, offices and all other possible hideouts,” Deputy Commissioner of Police P. Karunakaran told IANS.
Charges of criminal intimidation were Tuesday slapped on Kanda and he was summoned for questioning over the death of his former employee Geetika, whose body was found hanging at her house in Delhi’s Ashok Vihar Aug 5. She had named Kanda and Chaddha in her suicide note.
“Aruna Chaddha will be produced in a Rohini court today (Thursday),” Karunakaran said.
Police had Wednesday raided Kanda’s farmhouse, mansion, hotel and office.
According to Geetika’s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
“Three teams consisting 35 police personnel have been constituted for the search of Kanda. We raided Kanda’s farmhouse at Gawal Pahari on the Gurgaon-Faridabad road in Haryana,” said a police officer.
“Police also raided his hotel Park Plaza in Sushant Lok in Gurgaon,” said a source.
Lawyers of Kanda had Wednesday approached Delhi Police and sought three days’ time for him to appear before them as they needed time to study the documents sent by the investigators.
Police refused this request and asked Kanda to appear immediately, following which he went into hiding.
Kanda was the owner of MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a position in another company owned by Kanda.
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda's Gurgaon farmhouse, office searched (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda hunt on, Geetika's autopsy confirms no foul play - Aug 11, 2012
- Kanda close to being nailed in Geetika suicide: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Gurgaon women to march for Geetika to Jantar Mantar - Aug 22, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Suicide notes written on day of Geetika's death: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda evades reply to 7 key questions - Aug 19, 2012
- Delhi cops search Kanda office with Aruna Chaddha - Aug 12, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: ashok, commissioner of police, criminal intimidation, delhi police, deputy commissioner, faridabad, farmhouse, flight attendant, gaurav sharma, haryana minister, hideouts, hotel park plaza, karunakaran, mansion hotel, mdlr airlines, police officer, properties in gurgaon, suicide case, suicide note, sushant lok