Rahul will play more pro-active role in Congress: DigvijayJuly 15th, 2012 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will be playing a more pro-active role in the party, senior leader Digvijay Singh said Sunday.
“I am sure that Rahul will play a much more proactive role in the party. Let the president and vice presidential elections get over,” Digvijay Singh, who is also a general secretary, told Aaj Tak news channel.
He said that there has been a demand within the party for Rahul taking more responsibilities.
“I think the time has come. Wait for September and everything will be clear,” he said.
On Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid’s comment that the party so far has only seen “cameos” from Rahul Gandhi, Digvijay Singh said: “Everyone in Congress wants Rahul to play a much active role. When Salman Khurshid said that, he merely reflected the party view.”
- Rahul says he's ready for 'more proactive role' (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rahul ready for 'pro-active' role, to be No 2 in party (Evening Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government, says PM (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Hope Rahul takes greater role in government: PM (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government: PM (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Sonia says only Rahul to decide on his larger role (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Party or government for Rahul? Both, say Congress members - Aug 03, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi has no clear convergent thinking: BJP - Jul 10, 2012
- Will play more proactive role in party, government: Rahul - Jul 19, 2012
- Happy Rahul has agreed to proactive role: Digvijay - Jul 19, 2012
- Khurshid on 'cameo', party and Rahul Gandhi - Jul 14, 2012
- My statement on Congress, Rahul misinterpreted: Khurshid - Jul 10, 2012