Rahul will have no regrets: KhurshidMarch 6th, 2012 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) With the Congress nowhere near power in Uttar Pradesh, union minister Salman Khurshid Tuesday said the party under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi has made a difference to the state and he will have no regrets.
“It was his decision and he has led us from the front. I am sure when he will speak to you, he will have no regrets…please remember what he said, ‘I am here for the long race and I am here for the long haul’,” Khurshid told reporters here.
The law minister said Gandhi “has already made a difference to Uttar Pradesh. He may not have made difference to our comfort level and the number of seats we would have like to see, but he has made a difference”, he said.
The Congress, for which Gandhi had campaigned extensively, was behind the Samajwadi Party as well as the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as votes were counted Tuesday.
Refusing to hold anyone one personally responsible for the party’s performance in the state, Khurshid said: “Elections are not about responsibility. We will analyse why we have been defeated and the ground realities.”
“I think we went with an agenda to change the landscape for Uttar Pradesh, of course we wanted our colours on the landscape, but the vote share has increased 16-17 percent. We have to work beyond this towards future,” he said.
- UP out of reach, Congress runs to shield Rahul - Mar 06, 2012
- Khurshid's comments on Rahul are fodder for BJP, Left (Intro Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- EC to act on Khurshid after hearing from PM (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Congress leader re-ignites quota controversy, opposition furious (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2012
- Congress distances itself from Khurshid's quota promise - Jan 13, 2012
- Speculation mounts of changes in Congress, two ministers deny quit offer (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Not one to get defeated, says Rahul; may dissolve UP unit (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- After Khurshid, another minister promises quotas in UP - Feb 16, 2012
- Digvijay asks SP not to repeat goons' rule in UP - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP for Khurshid's removal, Congress reaction mixed (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- My statement on Congress, Rahul misinterpreted: Khurshid - Jul 10, 2012
- Congress in quota controversy again (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Who said what on the poll results - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, colours, congress, elections, ground realities, landscape, law minister, leadership, long haul, New Delhi, no regrets, rahul gandhi, salman, Samajwadi Party, union minister, uttar pradesh, vote share