Rahul visits quake injured in SikkimSeptember 21st, 2011 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
Gangtok, Sep 21 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi visited Sikkim Wednesday and met in a Gangtok hospital people injured in Sunday’s quake.
Congress sources said Gandhi, who arrived here around 10.30 a.m., took stock of rescue and relief efforts and met officials to get a first-hand account of the extent of damage in the temblor which killed more than 60 people in the tiny, mountainous state.
Accompanied by Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, Gandhi made an aerial survey of quake-hit north Sikkim, besides visiting an affected village and a hospital.
He then flew to Shillong in Meghalaya to address a Youth Congress rally.
- Rahul to visit quake-hit Sikkim (Lead) - Sep 20, 2011
- Quake toll in Sikkim mounts to 68 - Sep 21, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Meghalaya - Sep 20, 2011
- Mamata visits Sikkim, meets quake-affected - Sep 20, 2011
- Sikkim quake toll 78, Chidambaram promises all help (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- More aid to Sikkim, will visit state soon: Mamata - Sep 19, 2011
- 40 stranded foreigners evacuated from Sikkim - Sep 21, 2011
- PM in Sikkim to review quake situation - Sep 29, 2011
- Rahul interacts with students in Shillong - Feb 14, 2011
- Manmohan announces Rs.1,000 crore for quake-hit Sikkim (Lead) - Sep 29, 2011
- Sikkim quake toll reaches 78 - Sep 22, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi to meet students in Meghalaya - Feb 13, 2011
- Meira Kumar pained over Sikkim quake - Sep 21, 2011
- 42 die in Indian quake, rains hamper relief work - Sep 19, 2011
- Inclement weather hampers quake relief - Sep 21, 2011