Rahul to review Himachal Congress July 2July 1st, 2012 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) Ahead of the Himachal Pradesh assembly elections early 2013, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will review the party’s preparedness with state leaders July 2-3 in Kullu district, said a release here Sunday.
According to the release from Gandhi’s office, he will meet district and block level committee heads of the Himachal Pradesh Congress Monday.
This meeting will be followed up with an interaction with the elected office-bearers of the party’s students wing, National Students Union of India (NSUI), and opening of a two-day NSUI training programme for all the blocks in the state.
Late Monday afternoon, Gandhi will hold consultations with senior party leaders including Himachal Congress Committee office-bearers, legislators, parliament members, and will review preparedness for the electoral battle slated for February next year.
On Tuesday, the Congress general secretary will meet the office-bearers of the Indian Youth Congress who have been elected to the state assembly and the Lok Sabha.
Gandhi will wrap up his two-day tour with an intercation with the party leaders who have been elected to the various Local Self Government (Panchayati Raj) bodies of Himachal Pradesh.
Last week, Virbhadra Singh, a former chief minister and senior Congress leader from the hill state, resigned from the union cabinet after a Shimla court framed corruption charges against him and his wife Pratibha Singh.
Singh blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government headed by Prem Kumar Dhumal for it and said he will fight both at the grassroots level and in the courts of law.
- Rahul to visit Maharashtra, Amethi (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh is Himachal Congress chief - Aug 26, 2012
- Rahul to inaugurate Youth Congress show in Delhi - Nov 26, 2011
- Virbhadra's son's election to Youth Congress set aside - Jan 20, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit drought-hit areas in Maharashtra - Apr 26, 2012
- Suspense over Virbhadra as Himachal Congress chief - Aug 25, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi wants party unity in Himachal assembly polls - Jul 02, 2012
- Sonia rallies in Himachal in September - Aug 29, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi assesses Congress' strength in Maharashtra - Apr 27, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh meets Sonia, supporters - Aug 22, 2012
- Rahul to open mega Youth Congress show in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 26, 2011
- Congress assures sulking Virbhadra of larger say in candidate selection (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Sonia rejigs Congress Working Committee (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, chief minister, committee heads, committee office, congress committee, congress leader, corruption charges, courts of law, electoral battle, grassroots level, Lok Sabha, national students, parliament members, party leaders, rahul gandhi, state assembly, state leaders, union cabinet, youth congress