Rahul to open campaign in Uttar Pradesh FridayApril 2nd, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 2 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, who is also the party’s Lok Sabha candidate for the Amethi seat in Uttar Pradesh, will launch his campaign in the state from Friday, party officials said Thursday.
“Rahul will tomorrow (Friday) address public meetings in Maharajganj, Kushinagar and Chandauli districts,” Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters here.
The three parliamentary constituencies - Maharajganj, Kushinagar and Chandauli - will go to polls in the first phase April 16.
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Vote for change, Priyanka Gandhi urges UP voters - Feb 03, 2012
- Brisk polling on in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- 56 Uttar Pradesh assembly seats to go to polls Wednesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Congress trailing in Rae Bareli - Mar 06, 2012
- Rahul to review UP poll results Friday - Apr 03, 2012
- Did loud mouth ministers script Congress debacle in UP? - Apr 06, 2012
- Rahul in Amethi to 're-motivate' Congress workers - Apr 30, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi April 30-May 2 - Apr 26, 2012
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi all set to campaign in East UP - Mar 31, 2009
- UP polls: Round 3 ends peacefully, 57-58 percent turnout (Fourth Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Polling steady, peaceful in round three of UP polls (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Over 60 percent turnout in UP second phase poll (Third Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: address public, chandauli, congress, general secretary, kushinagar, Lok Sabha, lucknow, parliamentary constituencies, party officials, polls, pratap singh, public meetings, rahul gandhi, spokesperson, uttar pradesh