Rahul talks development to woo votersMay 3rd, 2009 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 3 (IANS) Congress general secretary Sunday talked about the development projects initiated by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government to woo voters at a rally in Barmer district of Rajasthan.
While castigating the Bharatiya Janata Party’s ‘India Shining” slogan in the last polls, Rahul said: “They had India Shining ideology, which was different from us. Their shining ideology was for stock market, privatisation and the rich and the elite.”
“We in Congress firmly believe that India should shine for all. The development and progress should reach to the poor and all sections of the society. We with the help and support of the dalits, downtrodden, farmers and all the sections of the society would like to take the country on the road to development. We can never say that India is shining till the time there is even one single poor person living in the country,” Gandhi said.
Rahul highlighted the UPA government’s popular schemes like NREGA, farmers’ loan waiver and nuclear power deal. He said that the electricity generated after the nuclear deal will help the poor to get richer.
“The Congress-led UPA government had waived off farm loans and launched schemes such as NREGA and mid-day meal to benefit the farmers.”
- Rahul Gandhi advocates upliftment of poor in Bihar - Oct 26, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi tells Nitish Kumar to stop 'flaunting' development - Oct 22, 2010
- Vote out CPI-M, end misrule: Rahul tells Bengal (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- BJP's India Shining campaign was anti-poor: Rahul Gandhi - May 04, 2009
- Westernised elite after my blood : Rural Development Minister C P Joshi (Interview) - Jul 21, 2010
- UPA government has fulfilled all its promises: Rahul Gandhi - Apr 20, 2009
- Vote Congress to transform UP, says Rahul Gandhi - Feb 14, 2012
- Poor Uttar Pradesh farmers branded Maoists: Rahul - Nov 25, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi, Advani campaign in Jharkhand - Nov 21, 2009
- Rahul describes Manmohan Singh as the "pride of Punjab and the country" - May 11, 2009
- My doors are always open for poor people: Rahul Gandhi - May 07, 2009
- Leaders of other fronts are power hungry: Sonia - May 01, 2009
- Sonia blasts Mayawati for 'politics of loot' (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi calls Third and Fourth Front leaders "power hungry" - May 01, 2009
- PM announces rural wage hike, Sonia wants new direction(Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, congress, development projects, electricity, elite, farm loans, farmers, gandhi, general secretary, living in the country, nrega, nuclear deal, nuclear power, poor person, privatisation, progressive alliance, rajasthan, rally, slogan, stock market