Rahul should do his homework: Sushma SwarajMay 9th, 2009 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 9 (IANS) Taking a dig at Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj, at an election rally in Himachal Pradesh’s Sirmaur district Saturday, asked him to “do his homework” before commenting on her party.
“Rahul should do his homework before commenting on the BJP being indifferent towards the rural masses,” Swaraj said while addressing the rally.
“The Congress leader should read our (BJP’s) election manifesto to know about the party’s ideology about rural areas and the common man,” she said.
She was in the state to campaign for party’s candidate for the Shimla constituency Virender Kashyap.
“By visiting some remote villages in Uttar Pradesh he considers himself an expert… he has yet to learn a lot about villages and economic conditions of the villagers,” she added.
The hill state has four Lok Sabha seats - Shimla, Kangra, Mandi and Hamirpur - and the main contest is between the Congress and the BJP.
In 2004, the Congress had won three while BJP got one seat. Himachal Pradesh will go to the polls May 13.
- Rahul has a lot to learn about villages: Sushma Swaraj (Lead) - May 09, 2009
- Himachal to have 12 more silk producing units - May 10, 2012
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal seeks to rein in monkeys - Sep 21, 2011
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- To pull tourists, Himachal books its legends (IANS Books)(With Image) - Aug 24, 2011
- Lacklustre Himachal poll campaign ends - May 12, 2009
- Himachal launches drive against female foeticide - Feb 06, 2011
- BJP sweeping polls in Himachal Pradesh - May 16, 2009
- Rahul, Modi to address rallies in Himachal - May 10, 2009
- Advani, Rahul, Rajnath, Hema descend upon Punjab - Jan 25, 2012
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- To catch monkeys, Himachal dangles Rs.500 bait - Nov 03, 2011
- Congress failed to tackle terrorism: Modi - May 12, 2009
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, common man, congress leader, constituency, economic conditions, election manifesto, election rally, general secretary, hamirpur, himachal pradesh, homework, kashyap, lok sabha seats, mandi, polls, rahul gandhi, rural areas, shimla