Rahul needs more training: BuddhaApril 25th, 2009 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 25 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi “needs more knowledge, learning and training” to become “a frontrunner in politics”, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadev Bhattacharjee contended Saturday.
“He (Gandhi) is new in politics. He needs some more knowledge, learning and training,” Bhattacharjee told a regional private news channel.
The chief minister was reacting to Gandhi’s comments comparing West Bengal’s Purulia to Orissa’s backward Kalahandi district.
Bhattacharjee said Gandhi should have done a comparative study of the two regions before making his sweeping comments.
“Where is Kalahandi, what is the lifestyle of the people over there, what is the per capita income of those people? What is the economic condition of Purulia and the per capita income of the people there? He should have commented after going through the papers of both the regions and doing a comparative study.”
During a press conference earlier in the day, Gandhi likened Bengal’s western district of Purulia to backward districts like Kalahandi in Orissa and those in the Bundelkhand region.
Bhattacharjee said: “He needs some more time to become a frontrunner in politics. May be he hasn’t seen the papers or the people entrusted with this work are not showing him proper papers.”
- Amethi is poorer than Purulia, CPI-M tells Rahul - Sep 09, 2010
- Purulia is better than Amethi, Left Front tells Rahul Gandhi - Apr 27, 2009
- Mayawati neglecting Bundelkhand: PM, Rahul - May 01, 2011
- Congress rubbishes CPI-M claim on Purulia vs Amethi - Sep 11, 2010
- PM, Rahul slam Mayawati for poverty in Bundelkhand (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- West Bengal can't control Maoists until others do: Buddhadeb - May 20, 2010
- Poverty-stricken Purulia grittily awaits another election - Apr 27, 2009
- We have to focus on development for poor: Buddhadeb - Feb 27, 2010
- Congress, BSP playing games over Bundelkhand: BJP - Nov 09, 2011
- Alliance talks only after polls: Rahul Gandhi (Roundup) - Apr 25, 2009
- Will defeat Maoists like in 1970s: Buddhadeb - Oct 06, 2010
- Bad weather cuts short Rahul's Orissa trip - Dec 09, 2010
- Buddhadeb flays Trinamool for violence against Left cadres - Jul 12, 2011
- Vote Congress to transform UP, says Rahul Gandhi - Feb 14, 2012
- Rahul detects fake fertilizer in Uttar Pradesh village - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: bhattacharjee, buddha, chief minister, comparative study, congress, economic condition, frontrunner, general secretary, kolkata, Life Style, orissa, per capita income, private news, purulia, rahul gandhi, west bengal