Rahul, Modi to address rallies in HimachalMay 10th, 2009 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 10 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Narendra Modi will address election rallies in Himachal Pradesh Monday - the last day of the campaigning.
“Rahul will address three election rallies in Hamirpur and Mandi constituencies tomorrow. This is his first visit to the state (during the elections),” state Congress chief Kaul Singh Thakur told IANS.
Gandhi will address rallies at Una, Rehan and Kullu towns. After the rallies, Rahul Gandhi will stay in Mandi town for a day.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi too will address a rally at Kullu.
“Narendra Modi would address a poll rally at Kullu in the afternoon,” BJP state unit chief Jai Ram Thakur said.
The police have made elaborate security arrangements for the visit of the national leaders.
“We have made special security arrangements during the visit of the VVIPs in the state during elections,” Inspector General of Police S.R. Mardi told IANS.
The hill state has four Lok Sabha seats - Shimla (Scheduled Castes), Kangra, Mandi and Hamirpur - and the main contest is between the Congress and the BJP.
In the 2004 general elections, the Congress had won the Shimla, Kangra and Mandi parliamentary seats, while the BJP got the Hamirpur seat.
Himachal Pradesh will go to the polls May 13.
- Congress failed to tackle terrorism: Modi - May 12, 2009
- Sonia to address Shimla rally May 2 - Apr 30, 2009
- Lacklustre Himachal poll campaign ends - May 12, 2009
- Rahul should do his homework: Sushma Swaraj - May 09, 2009
- Sonia rallies in Himachal in September - Aug 29, 2012
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- PM to address Punjab rallies on Jan 21 - Jan 12, 2012
- BJP sweeping polls in Himachal Pradesh - May 16, 2009
- Spotlight on Mandi, Hamirpur (Poll curtainraiser - Himachal Pradesh) - May 12, 2009
- BJP leading in all Himachal Lok Sabha seats - May 16, 2009
- Nadda elected to Rajya Sabha from Himachal - Mar 22, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi wants party unity in Himachal assembly polls - Jul 02, 2012
- It will be Rahul vs Modi in 2014: Beni Prasad Verma - Aug 20, 2012
- BJP leading in three Himachal seats, Congress in one (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Candlelight marches in Himachal to support Anna - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, congress chief, election rallies, general elections, hamirpur, jai ram, kaul, lok sabha seats, mandi, narendra modi, parliamentary seats, rahul gandhi, rehan, security arrangements, shimla, special security, state congress, thakur, unit chief