Rahul Mahajan appears in court in drug abuse caseDecember 1st, 2008 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 1 (IANS) Rahul Mahajan, son of slain senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Pramod Mahajan, Monday appeared in a Delhi court for a drug abuse case against him of 2006.Additional Sessions Judge P.S.Teji, however, posted the recording of evidence for Dec 22, as the case files are at present with the Delhi High Court.
The high court is hearing a bunch of petitions filed by Mahajan, his friend Sahil Zaroo, and the late leader’s personal assistant Harish Sharma, as well as the Delhi police, challenging the charges framed against them by the trial court.
The trial court had framed charges against Mahajan, Sharma, Zaroo, Nigerian nationals Abdul Latif Ashola alias Mohd Abdullah and Egbedokun James Taiwo, and others under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code and the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act for their varying roles in the case.
Rahul Mahajan, who recently participated in a TV reality show Big Boss, appeared along with other co-accused.
Mahajan and his late father’s secretary Vivek Moitra were admitted to the Apollo hospital here in the early hours June 2, 2006, after allegedly consuming contraband drugs with alcohol at the official residence of Pramod Mahajan at Safdarjung Road.
Moitra later died at the hospital.
Mahajan was let off the charges of drug trafficking which entail harsher punishment. But he was charged with consumption of banned drugs.
- Court defers Rahul Mahajan drug abuse case - May 03, 2011
- Court permits Rahul Mahajan to visit Maldives - Mar 09, 2010
- Rahul Mahajan moves court for release of passport for honeymoon - Mar 05, 2010
- Court to rule Tuesday on Rahul Mahajan's plea - Mar 08, 2010
- Honeymoon should not be televised, court tells Rahul Mahajan (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Nigerian punished for drug peddling - Jun 29, 2011
- Chronology of Shivani Bhatnagar murder case - Oct 12, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Fardeen Khan gets immunity in drugs case - Feb 29, 2012
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
- Cocaine case: Fardeen charged with lighter offence - Oct 04, 2011
- Commando held with contraband in Delhi - Feb 25, 2011
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Mumbai rave party organiser remanded to police custody (Lead) - May 21, 2012