Rahul is PM material, says sister PriyankaApril 12th, 2009 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Amethi (Uttar Pradesh), April 12 (IANS) Priyanka Gandhi says her brother Rahul Gandhi, a Congress general secretary, has requisite leadership skills to be the prime minister of India in future.
“My brother is a capable and responsible representative of Congress and has every qualification of becoming the prime minister. He will surely become the prime minister of the country,” Priyanka told reporters here.
Priyanka is in the state since Saturday campaigning for Rahul and mother Sonia Gandhi, who will contest the Lok Sabha polls from Amethi and Rae Bareli constituencies, respectively.
She also asserted that she was against cheap politics.
“I am against hate and petty politics and the main aim of all politicians should be the development of the nation. Our politics should be forward looking and should aim to take India forward,” Priyanka said.
- Vote for change, Priyanka Gandhi urges UP voters - Feb 03, 2012
- Should I join politics, Priyanka asks rival parties - Feb 05, 2012
- Priyanka open to campaigning, 'anything to help' Rahul - Jan 17, 2012
- Rahul focussing on stronger Congress, not becoming PM: Priyanka Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Rahul not working for his reputation in UP: Priyanka - Feb 05, 2012
- Rahul will be PM 'one day': Priyanka (Lead) - Apr 12, 2009
- Rahul good enough to be PM but that's not his central aim: Priyanka - Feb 05, 2012
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi - Jan 16, 2012
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Gandhi charisma fading? Congress humbled in Rae Bareli, Amethi - Mar 06, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Congress committed to fighting corruption: Rahul - Feb 06, 2012
- Priyanka ready to play bigger role in Congress (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: aim, brother, campaigning, congress, constituencies, general secretary, leadership skills, lok sabha polls, minister of india, mother sonia gandhi, petty politics, politicians, prime minister of india, priyanka gandhi, rae bareli, uttar pradesh