Rahul has a lot to learn about villages: Sushma Swaraj (Lead)May 9th, 2009 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 9 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj Saturday said that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi had a lot to learn about the villages of India.
“By visiting some remote villages in Uttar Pradesh, he considers himself an expert… he has to learn a lot about villages and economic conditions of the villagers,” she told an election rally in Sirmaur district in Himachal Pradesh.
She added that Rahul Gandhi needed to do his homework before commenting on the BJP, which he has said was indifferent to the rural masses.
“He should read our election manifesto to know about the party’s ideology about rural areas and the common man,” she said.
Sushma Swaraj was in the state to campaign for the party’s candidate for the Shimla Lok Sabha constituency, Virender Kashyap.
In 2004, the Congress won three of the state’s four seats. The BJP bagged one seat. Himachal Pradesh will go to the polls May 13.
- Rahul should do his homework: Sushma Swaraj - May 09, 2009
- UP mandate a defeat for Rahul: Swaraj (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Decision on prime ministerial candidate at appropriate time: BJP - Sep 10, 2012
- BJP blocked strong Lokpal: Rahul Gandhi - Dec 28, 2011
- Gandhis resorting to theatrics: Sushma - Feb 17, 2012
- Advani, Rahul, Rajnath, Hema descend upon Punjab - Jan 25, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj meets Bal Thackeray - Sep 02, 2012
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress bruised (Intro Roundup) - Mar 07, 2012
- Congress leader re-ignites quota controversy, opposition furious (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2012
- Gandhi family behind 'Hindu atankwad': Gadkari - Jan 09, 2011
- 194 nonagenarians to cast vote in Himachal bypolls - Nov 28, 2011
- Rahul to review Himachal Congress July 2 - Jul 01, 2012
- Opposition not responsible for passing bill: BJP - Dec 28, 2011
- Thumbs up for SP and Akali, Congress wounded (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- Thackeray bats for Sushma Swaraj as PM, BJP says decision later (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: bjp, common man, congress, economic conditions, election manifesto, election rally, general secretary, homework, kashyap, Lok Sabha, polls, rahul gandhi, rural areas, sabha constituency, villages of india