Rahul Gandhi’s assets Rs.2.25 crore, he doesn’t own a carApril 4th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
Sultanpur (Uttar Pradesh), April 4 (IANS) The total worth of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi is around Rs.2.25 crore (Rs.22.5 million/$450,000), and the young scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family does not own a vehicle, according to an affidavit filed by him Saturday.
Rahul Gandhi, 38, who is seeking re-election from Amethi, filed his nomination papers for the Lok Sabha seat Saturday afternoon. The affidavit filed as part of the documents says his assets total around Rs.2.25 crore.
The Congress general secretary wrote nil against the column asking whether he owns a vehicle.
And the cash deposit that he owns, with the State Bank of India, Delhi, is not much either - Rs.70,000.
He has deposits with financial institutions worth Rs.7,000.
His deposits with non banking financial institution, NDFC (National Development Finance Corporation) is Rs.742,966. With the HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) in New Delhi, he has Rs.341,892. Both are long term deposits.
Rahul Gandhi’s deposits with postal savings, the Life Insurance Corporation and the National Savings Scheme total Rs.1,029,128 (over Rs.1 million).
He owns 333 gm of jewellery worth Rs.150,000.
His assets, including values of claims and interests, are Rs.729,621.
He also owns agricultural land in two places. A 4.692 acre land in Mehrauli, Delhi, of which an undemarcated 50 percent is his share. The value is Rs.986,244 as on March 31, 2008.
He owns another plot of six acres in Faridabad, Haryana, worth Rs.2,822,000 (over Rs.28 lakh).
He owns two shops in the Metropolitan Mall in Saket, New Delhi. Shop no.24 in the mall is 514 sq ft and valued at Rs.55 lakh.
Another shop on the ground floor - 996 sq ft - is valued at Rs.1 crore 8 lakhs (Rs.10,800,000).
Against liabilities, he filed that je had taken a Rs.70 lakh loan from HDFC in 2006, of which Rs.23 lakh has to be returned.
He has paid income tax of Rs.1,120,880 and sales tax of Rs.532,000.
He paid property tax of Rs.78,000 this year.
According to the documents filed, Rahul Gandhi is an M.Phil in development economics from Trinity College, University of Cambridge, 1995. He has done his Bachelor in Arts from Rollins College, Florida, in 1994.
He filed his nomination at the Sultanpur District Collectorate at the office of the additional district magistrate Radhey Shyam, who is the returning officer for the Amethi Lok Sabha polls.
There are no criminal cases pending against the Amethi MP.
- CBI raids ex-legislator's houses in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 16, 2011
- Sonia owns house in Italy, no car in India - Apr 06, 2009
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- Buddhadeb has no house, vehicle, just Rs.5,000 cash - Apr 05, 2011
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi offers to resign over UP results (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Odisha peon found with Rs.70 lakh illegal property - Mar 15, 2012
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi meets Sonia, offers to quit - Mar 09, 2012
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Dump plea against me, Rahul Gandhi urges SC (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Rajnath Singh has over Rs.10 million assets, but no car - Apr 17, 2009
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Yeddyurappa declares assets worth several crores - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: acre land, bank of india, development finance corporation, india delhi, jewellery worth rs, lakhs, life insurance corporation, Lok Sabha, mehrauli, national savings, nehru gandhi, nomination papers, postal savings, rahul gandhi, rs 2, saket, savings scheme, six acres, state bank of india, term deposits