Rahul Gandhi visits slain Congress leader’s familyDecember 15th, 2008 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Dec 15 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Monday met the family of slain party leader member Pradeep Tyagi alias Pintu Tyagi here Monday Gandhi spent 25 minutes with the family and heard their grievances.
Tyagi was shot dead by three unidentified assailants at his house situated at the RDC locality Dec 11.
Anuradha Tyagi, widow of the leader, requested Gandhi to order a CBI investigation into the killing as she did not have faith in the Ghaziabad police.
In a letter to Gandhi, she said no security was provided to her family and the police had not taken her help to round up suspects though she had seen the culprits.
A suspect arrested by police in this case died last week in custody, leading to the suspension of seven police officials.
- Man detained for Congress leader's murder dies (Lead) - Dec 13, 2008
- Congress leader killed in his Ghaziabad home - Dec 11, 2008
- Congress leader killed in his Ghaziabad home (Lead) - Dec 11, 2008
- Man dies in police custody in Ghaziabad - Dec 12, 2008
- Cricketer Ajay Tyagi shot dead in Ghaziabad - Jul 06, 2012
- Two sent to custody for aiding Maoist leader - Nov 30, 2011
- Congress leader's murder solved in Ghaziabad: police - Dec 18, 2008
- Four of family killed in town near Ghaziabad - Jan 07, 2012
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011
- Student union leader shot at in Greater Noida - Sep 03, 2010
- Maoists abduct US varsity researcher - Jun 30, 2011
- Girl gang raped in Ghaziabad - Nov 09, 2011
- Elderly woman stabbed to death by robbers - Aug 14, 2012
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012