Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam relief campsSeptember 10th, 2012 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will visit relief camps in the strife-torn areas of Assam Tuesday, Congress sources said Monday.
Gandhi will start his day-long visit from a relief camp in Kembolpur M.V. School, Gosaigaon, in Kokrajhar district. He will then visit a camp in Gambari Bil High School in the same village, said the sources.
He will also go to relief camps in Madrassa School Lakhiganj, Bilasipara, in Dhubri district and Basugaon Higher Secondary School in Chirang district later in the day.
Around 100 people were killed and four lakh were displaced in the northeastern state after ethnic riots between tribal Bodos and Bengali-speaking Muslims broke out in July.
- Assam burns, 32 dead, thousands homeless (Night Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Central team visits riot-hit Assam areas, reviews security - Aug 21, 2012
- Fresh violence in Kokrajhar, three killed - Aug 07, 2012
- Assam toll now 18, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam's violence-hit areas - Sep 08, 2012
- Tension in Assam, PM may visit Saturday, toll 41 (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Violence rages in Assam, death toll 25 (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Uneasy calm in Assam, violence toll 40 - Jul 26, 2012
- It's time for healing: PM tells Assam victims (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Assam toll now 19, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2012