Rahul Gandhi to start Congress poll campaign in BiharMarch 30th, 2009 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 30 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will kick off the party’s campaign for the Lok Sabha polls in Bihar’s Buxar district Wednesday, a party leader said here Monday.
Rahul Gandhi will address a public meeting in Buxar, where the Congress has fielded former central minister K.K. Tiwari, said party leader Amlendu Kumar Pandey.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi will also visit the state to campaign for the party in the second week of April, party sources said.
The Congress is contesting the general elections in Bihar by itself after being given a cold shoulder by fellow members of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) - Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP).
The RJD and LJP had given only three seats to Congress while announcing their alliance for the polls. But the Congress has to contest 37 of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
–Indo-Asian News service
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress campaign in Bihar - Apr 01, 2009
- Amid threats of Maoist violence, Bihar polls enter last lap (Curtainraiser - Phase 6) - Nov 19, 2010
- Campaigning ends for fourth phase of Bihar polls - Oct 30, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Sonia, Rahul to campaign for last round of Bihar polls - Nov 15, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Poll panel should organise debates between leaders: Advani - Oct 29, 2010
- Paswan, Rudy win Rajya Sabha polls from Bihar - Jun 17, 2010
- Poor need pro-poor government, says Rahul in Bihar (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- Voting in Bihar for Rajya Sabha seats - Jun 17, 2010
- Campaign picks up for Bihar polls - Oct 16, 2010
- In Bihar, 30,000 aspirants for assembly polls - Sep 19, 2010
- JD-U and BJP sweep Bihar, RJD and Congress humiliated (Fourth Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Campaigning ends for third phase of Bihar polls - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: asian news, cold shoulder, congress president sonia gandhi, elections in bihar, general elections, general secretary, indo, janata, jg, lok sabha polls, lok sabha seats, news service, party leader, party sources, patna, poll campaign, progressive alliance, rahul gandhi, rjd