Rahul Gandhi to campaign again in BiharOctober 19th, 2010 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 19 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will campaign for the second time in Bihar Thursday ahead of the second phase of assembly elections.
Rahul will address election rallies in Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur and Samastipur districts.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi have toured Bihar, launching scathing attacks on the Nitish Kumar government.
The Gandhi scion Oct 14 addressed an election rally in Katihar and another in Supaul district.
The Congress is contesting from all 243 seats in the state and is putting everything to gain lost ground this time.
For Rahul Gandhi and the party, the first phase polling in 47 assembly constituencies matters more than other phases as the Congress is hopeful of making a dent into the support base of Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad.
Elections to the 243-seat assembly will be held in six phases, from Oct 21 to Nov 20, with results being declared Nov 24.
- Sonia, Rahul to campaign for Bihar polls again - Oct 23, 2010
- After Rahul, PM and Sonia to campaign in Bihar - Oct 15, 2010
- Campaign picks up for Bihar polls - Oct 16, 2010
- Now Dikshit campaigns for Congress in Bihar - Oct 20, 2010
- Sonia, Rahul to campaign for last round of Bihar polls - Nov 15, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi tells Nitish Kumar to stop 'flaunting' development - Oct 22, 2010
- Second phase of Bihar polls begins - Oct 24, 2010
- Notification issued for second phase of Bihar polls - Sep 29, 2010
- Rahul targets Nitish Kumar's development claims (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Nitish Kumar - Sep 04, 2010
- Reject caste politics, Sonia urges Bihar's voters - Oct 28, 2010
- Voting under way in Bihar amid Maoist disruptions (Third Lead) - Oct 24, 2010
- Nitish Kumar will return to power: Advani - Oct 25, 2010
- Campaigning ends for fourth phase of Bihar polls - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: assembly constituencies, assembly elections, congress president sonia gandhi, election rallies, election rally, general secretary, lalu prasad, manmohan, manmohan singh, muzaffarpur, nitish kumar, patna, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rahul gandhi, samastipur, scathing attacks, scion, seat assembly, second phase