Rahul Gandhi ‘looking for an open-minded girl’ (Lead)July 5th, 2008 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, July 5 (IANS) When a group of school students here asked him about his marriage plans, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi smiled and said he was not averse to the idea. “I don’t know when I am getting married. I am looking for an open-minded girl,” was all that he said.
Rahul Gandhi, son of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, interacted with the students of the Sanskar Valley school here Saturday after inaugurating the school’s hostel.
The students also asked him about his entry into politics, his hobbies, and his favourite but he smiled away most of the questions.
Later he gave away prizes to the students who had excelled in sports, education and extra-curricular activities during the last academic session.
The Congress general secretary and MP from Amethi was earlier accorded a warm welcome at the Bhopal airport from where he went straight to the school and remained there for more than an hour.
Later he went to the Madhya Pradesh Congress office and held meetings with the party’s office bearers and district presidents.
- Rahul Gandhi interacts with children in Bhopal - Jul 05, 2008
- Rahul to visit Maharashtra, Amethi (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi visits Amethi - Apr 23, 2011
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Amethi follows tradition: Washerman casts first vote - Feb 15, 2012
- Rahul to visit Amethi - Sep 12, 2012
- Women tie rakhis to Rahul, get assurance of development - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi on two-day Tamil Nadu visit - Dec 22, 2010
- Join politics, Rahul Gandhi urges youth - Sep 07, 2010
- Priyanka open to campaigning, 'anything to help' Rahul - Jan 17, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit drought-hit areas in Maharashtra - Apr 26, 2012
- Rahul to meet youth, women during Tamil Nadu visit - Dec 21, 2010
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Rahul in Amethi to 're-motivate' Congress workers - Apr 30, 2012
- Gandhi to visit Maharashtra - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: academic session, amethi, congress leader, congress office, congress president sonia gandhi, district presidents, extra curricular activities, general secretary, hobbies, madhya pradesh, marriage, minded girl, mp, prizes, rahul gandhi, sanskar, school students, sports education, warm welcome