Rahul Gandhi has stayed mum, how can he lead nation, says Samajwadi PartySeptember 12th, 2012 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 12 (IANS) Ridiculing talk of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi being projected as prime ministerial candidate, the Samajwadi Party Wednesday expressed doubts over the 42-year-old Gandhi scion’s ability to lead the nation.
“Whoever understands Indian politics will say that Rahul Gandhi does not seem to have the qualities to lead the country in view of the challenges it is facing,” Samajawadi Party general secretary Mohan Singh told mediapersons here.
Singh said that in the last two years, Rahul Gandhi had kept mum in the Lok Sabha, even while it was discussing critical issues facing the nation.
Singh said: “During the last two years, we did not get the chance to have Rahul Gandhi’s analysis on any critical issue facing the nation in parliament. When one does not hear him speak, how can one say the country will be secure in his hands?”
- SP questions Rahul's leadership, Congress condemns remark (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- My good wishes to Rahul, Mulayam now says - Sep 13, 2012
- Will he, won't he? Congress awaits Rahul's next move - Sep 13, 2012
- Party or government for Rahul? Both, say Congress members - Aug 03, 2012
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Mulayam says Third front after polls, admits PM ambitions (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Khurshid's comments on Rahul are fodder for BJP, Left (Intro Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh: joining the battle for the heartland of India (Comment) - Nov 19, 2011
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012