Rahul Gandhi begins three-day Maharashtra visitJanuary 27th, 2011 - 11:10 am ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Jan 27 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi arrived here Thursday on a three-day whirlwind tour of Maharashtra to boost the party’s membership drive among backward castes, minorities and women.After landing in Nagpur, Gandhi proceeded by helicopter to attend a Scheduled Tribes convention in Gadchiroli. He will also attend an Other Backward Castes (OBC) convention in Buldhana and a minority meet in Parbhani.
He will Friday attend a Scheduled Castes convention in Osmanabad, a meeting of potential candidates for elections in Dhule and a young women’s convention at Shirdi in Ahmednagar district, according to an official announcement.
He will also attend a meeting of the state Congress in Aurangabad in the evening.
Gandhi will Saturday morning address the media in Aurangabad before leaving for the coastal Konkan region, where his first halt will be Thane to attend a Scheduled Tribes convention in Palghar.
Then he will go to Mahad in Raigad for a meeting with elected representatives, followed by a nomadic tribes convention in Satara.
His previous visit to Maharashtra - Sep 7 last year - was dedicated to meetings and interactions with college students and the youth across the state.
He had met students and youth in educational institutions in Akola, Aurangabad and Pune, and urged them to join mainstream politics.
- Rahul Gandhi begins 3-day Maharashtra visit Thursday - Jan 24, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi in Nagpur on three-day Maharashtra tour - Jan 27, 2011
- Hazare to start Maharashtra tour for Lokayukta bill - Apr 30, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi in favour of direct election for Youth Congress - Jan 27, 2011
- Rain gods smile on Maharashtra - 116 percent rainfall so far - Aug 25, 2010
- Gandhi to visit Maharashtra - Sep 06, 2010
- BJP-Shiv Sena alliance intact in Maharashtra (Lead) - Mar 13, 2009
- Ambulance rams into bus, four killed - Feb 02, 2012
- 30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accident - Jun 16, 2012
- Congress-NCP alliance urged to field 38 Muslims in Maharashtra - Aug 26, 2009
- 1,100 convicts write Gandhi exam in jails - Oct 02, 2011
- 30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accident (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Toll rise to 32 in Maharashtra bus accident (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Mamata gives several projects to Maharashtra - Feb 24, 2010
- Four killed as ambulance crashes into bus (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: aurangabad, college students, dhule, educational institutions, elections, general secretary, helicopter, mainstream politics, membership drive, minorities and women, nomadic tribes, palghar, pune, rahul gandhi, raigad, saturday morning, shirdi, state congress, whirlwind tour, young women