Rahul Gandhi assures help to slain engineer’s familyDecember 25th, 2008 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 25 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Thursday spoke with the family of the slain Uttar Pradesh engineer over telephone and assured all help, party sources said.While Gandhi spoke with the kin of M.K. Gupta, Congress leader Jitin Prasada visited Auraiya, 250 km from Lucknow, and met the family, they said.
Gandhi, who decided against meeting the family so as not to politicise the matter, assured all support to the bereaved family, they added.
Gupta, employed with the state Public Works Department (PWD), was lynched early Wednesday allegedly by Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator Shekhar Tiwari. He was killed as he refused to contribute Rs.5 million “donation” for Chief Minister Mayawati’s birthday bach next month, the opposition parties have alleged.
- BSP MLA gets life for engineer's killing (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Expected death sentence for killers: Slain engineer's mother - May 06, 2011
- Life term for BSP legislator in engineer's murder (Second Lead) - May 06, 2011
- BSP leader manipulating engineer's murder case, says witness - Oct 14, 2009
- Mayawati orders BSP legislator's arrest in minor's rape (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh engineers' association suspends strike - Dec 26, 2008
- Oust BSP, Rahul urges Uttar Pradesh youth; Mayawati hits back - Nov 14, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh girl was raped by legislator, his guards - Jan 11, 2011
- Rights panel issues notice to police over engineer's death - Dec 26, 2008
- Engineer lynched by BSP legislator, supporters - Dec 24, 2008
- Key witness in engineer murder case retracts - Aug 01, 2009
- Slain engineer's family spurns compensation, BSP MLA booked (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2008
- More BSP names could tumble out in engineer's killing - Dec 27, 2008
- Samajwadi Party battles police over engineer's lynching (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2008
- Samajwadi Party observes shutdown in Uttar Pradesh over lynching (Lead) - Dec 25, 2008