Rae Bareli project plea to be heard Nov 11October 22nd, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 22 (IANS) The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court Wednesday decided to hear Nov 11 a petition on the land allotment for a rail coach factory in Rae Bareli.The Northern Railway (NR) filed a writ petition, along with a public interest litigation (PIL) by villagers of Rae Bareli, on Oct 13, two days after the Uttar Pradesh government withdrew the 400 acres of land it had given for the proposed factory in Lalganj town.
The factory is slated to come up on 1,200 acres of land in Congress chief Sonia Gandhi’s parliamentary constituency of Rae Bareli.
However, the state government led by Mayawati, sensing that the decision could have a negative political fallout, returned the land to the railway Oct 18.
“The government counsel pleaded before the court to cancel the case as the land has already been given back to the railways. However, the court listed the matter for Nov 11,” Mohammad Arif Khan, counsel of the petitioner, told reporters after the hearing.
- Rae Bareli rail project plea to be heard Nov 11 (Lead) - Oct 22, 2008
- Congress MLA, eight others booked in Rae Bareli - Oct 14, 2008
- Sonia cancels Rae Bareli rally after BSP government muscle-flexing (Third Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- Court orders status quo on Rae Bareli land (Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Prohibitory orders issued ahead of Sonia's Rae Bareli visit (Second Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town - Aug 13, 2012
- Mayawati derails Rae Bareli's employment dreams - Oct 14, 2008
- Mayawati suspends senior bureaucrat in Rae Bareli row - Oct 23, 2008
- Sonia takes on Mayawati, set for jail if need be - Oct 14, 2008
- Railways move court against decision on Rae Bareli land - Oct 13, 2008
- Government asked to finalise policy on ex-judges' advice - Feb 29, 2012
- Mayawati backtracks, to provide land for Rae Bareli railway project - Oct 18, 2008
- Apex court to hear plea on Jaipur lake - May 24, 2012
- We pay more compensation to farmers than centre: Mayawati - May 16, 2011
- Allahabad HC stays UP governments order on rail coach project - Oct 13, 2008