Rabri in trouble for using foul language against NitishApril 5th, 2009 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 5(IANS) Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Sunday demanded from the Election Commission stern action against opposition leader Rabri Devi for her abusive remarks allegedly at an election meeting against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and state JD-U chief Rajiv Ranjan alias Lalan Singh.
In its complaint against Rabri Devi, the JD-U demanded that the poll panel should disallow the former chief minister to campaign. The JD-U said her insulting remarks against Nitish Kumar and Lallan Singh were in violation of the code of conduct for elections.
Railways Minister Lalu Prasad’s wife Rabri Devi Saturday used unparliamentary language against the chief minister and the JD-U president reportedly at an election campaign meeting for Saran Lok Sabha seat. Her husband is the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) candidate from Saran.
“We demanded the commission to cancel her legislature membership and that she should not be allowed to contest next assembly elections for her abusive remarks,” said JD-U spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari. Tiwari was leading the party delegation to submit a memorandum to the poll panel here.
Tiwari said never before has a political leader used such foul language in public meeting. “JD-U is serious about it and will expose her and the RJD.”
Unhappy over her remarks, Nitish Kumar said the JD-U will file a defamation suit against her.
- Rabri Devi booked on charge of abusing Nitish Kumar - Apr 06, 2009
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- JD-U files defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- JD-U plans defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 11, 2009
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Defamation case filed against ex-Bihar CM Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Rabri Devi files papers for Raghopur, Sonepur seats (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Rabri Devi faces criminal contempt petition - Apr 06, 2009
- Bihar: JD-U retains Darounda - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: assembly elections, bihar, chief minister, defamation suit, election commission, foul language, insulting remarks, jd, lalan, lalu prasad, Lok Sabha, nitish kumar, opposition leader, patna, political leader, rabri devi, rajiv, ranjan, saran, stern action