Rabri dares Thackeray, says will perform Chhath in MumbaiMarch 3rd, 2008 - 10:06 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 3 (IANS) Daring Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray, Bihar’s Leader of Opposition Rabri Devi Monday said she will join her husband Railway Minister Lalu Prasad in performing the Chhath Puja in Mumbai. “I will join my saheb (Lalu Prasad) in performing Chhath Puja in Mumbai,” Rabri Devi told newspersons here.
Lalu Prasad last month said: “If possible, I will go to Mumbai to perform Chhath Puja.”
The couple’s remarks follow Thackeray’s tirade against people from north India settled in Mumbai and other parts of Maharashtra. In particular, Thackeray had ridiculed people from Bihar for celebrating the state’s popular festival of Chhath Puja with much fanfare.
Rabri Devi said the MNS chief had hurt her and millions of Biharis by terming the Chhath Puja as a drama.
She said people from Bihar were not safe in Maharashtra and they were being targeted by MNS workers and others.
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Lalu to celebrate Chhath Puja in Patna, not Mumbai - Nov 02, 2008
- It's Chhath! Nitish, Lalu take a break from politics - Nov 11, 2010
- Thousands pray to setting sun to mark Chhath - Nov 01, 2011
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan resume campaign after Chhath - Nov 14, 2010
- Lalu dares Nitish, Modi to contest against Rabri - Oct 05, 2010
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Puja and polls: Nitish's family prays, Lalu helps Rabri with rituals - Oct 13, 2010
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Bangladeshi infiltrators behind Mumbai violence, says Raj Thackeray (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012