Quartet of ‘great economists’ has failed India: Venkaiah NaiduJanuary 31st, 2012 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Jan 31 (IANS) A quartet of economists had failed India, where price rise and a slowing economy had severely affected common citizens, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader M. Venkaiah Naidu said Tuesday.
“Prices are rising. The great economists (Prime Minister) Manmohan Singh, (Finance Minister) Pranab Mukherjee, (Home Minister) P. Chidambaram and (Planning Commission deputy chairperson) Montek Singh (Ahluwalia)… these four great economists who have ruled and ruled the country now have no explanation,” Naidu said at a press conference here.
The former BJP president also said that India’s image internationally had been tarnished by the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government’s inability to act against corruption.
“The nine percent growth rate is going down and these great economists have no clue how to increase growth,” Naidu said.
The BJP leader, who was in Goa to address a public meeting ahead of the assembly polls Monday, said the UPA government had shamed India internationally thanks to a string of scams and ineffectiveness to act against corruption.
“The scams which the UPA presided over has made India the laughing stock of the world. This has been the greatest damage caused to the country,” Naidu said.
- BJP's nation-wide campaign to expose UPA's failure: Venkaiah - Mar 26, 2011
- Opposition attacks government on price-rise - Dec 07, 2011
- BJP wants PM to explain price rise - Aug 02, 2011
- BJP leader Naidu slams Centre over increasing corruption - Feb 01, 2011
- Kalmadi was made CWG scam scapegoat by Congress: BJP - Jan 31, 2012
- Economist PM has lost to crony capitalism: BJP - Sep 30, 2011
- Bid to target ex-MPs in cash-for-votes scandal: Naidu - Sep 10, 2011
- BJP takes on UPA, Sonia, on price rise, Maoist violence (Roundup) - Jun 13, 2010
- Cash-for-vote 'heroes' should have been given Padma awards: Venkaiah - Oct 21, 2011
- Time terms Manmohan an underachiever (Second Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Manmohan Singh should face JPC or quit: BJP - Dec 22, 2010
- UPA-II's first year in power disappointing: BJP (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Congress hits out at BJP for making remarks against PM over 2G scam - Dec 22, 2010
- Advani plays down graft charges in Karnataka BJP - Oct 30, 2011
- Rajya Sabha adjourned after opposition ruckus - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: assembly polls, bjp president, deputy chairperson, finance minister, great economists, home minister, laughing stock, manmohan, manmohan singh, montek singh ahluwalia, p chidambaram, panaji, planning commission, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, scams, UPA, venkaiah naidu