Putin supporters hold rallies all over RussiaFebruary 19th, 2012 - 4:36 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 19 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Thousands of supporters of Russian Prime Minister and presidential candidate Vladimir Putin took part in demonstrations across the country supporting sustainable development of Russia.
People went out to the streets Saturday in large numbers in Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Irkutsk, Novosibirsk, Volgograd and other cities.
In Khabarovsk, the demonstration organised by the All-Russia People’s Front was attended by 12,000 people. Speakers claimed the region felt the support of the federal government, and one could see reconstruction of plants, construction of social housing and establishing of new businesses.
In Irkutsk, the demonstration gathered about 7,000 people. Teachers, athletes, military men, employees of industrial enterprises spoke in support of the current policy, Putin and against revolutionary changes in the country.
In Novosibirsk, a meeting in support of Putin gathered 7,500 people.
The demonstration in Vladivostok, organised by the Trade Unions of Primorye, gathered about 4,000 people.
Many participants put vests with colours of the Russian flag and signs on the back saying “I am for Putin”.
The Tyumen regional council of trade unions organised a meeting “for decent election” that was attended by about 5,000 people.
A demonstration in support of Putin in Volgograd gathered about 10,000 people. Despite the freezing weather, the rally lasted more than 2 hours.
Over 8,500 people attended a demonstration in Nizhny Novgorod in support of Putin while in St. Petersburg, a demonstration gathered about 60,000 people.
- Putin supporters stage massive election rally - Feb 23, 2012
- Russia plans to host 2018 FIFA World Cup in 13 cities - May 07, 2011
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- FIFA World Cup delegates visit Samara - Jun 22, 2012
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- Putin nominated for 2012 presidential polls - Nov 27, 2011
- Putin registered as presidential candidate - Dec 20, 2011
- Armoured vehicle sold for scrap in Russia - Oct 21, 2011
- Thousands protest in Moscow demanding fresh vote - Dec 25, 2011
- Ammo blast kills six in Russia - May 03, 2012
- Russian sect views Putin as reincarnation of St. Paul - May 12, 2011
- Safin may become Russian president: Sampras - Nov 01, 2011
- Putin returns to Kremlin amid protests (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Moscow ramps up security ahead of Putin inauguration - May 06, 2012
- Emergency declared in Russia as wildfires kill 12 - Jul 31, 2010
Tags: irkutsk, khabarovsk, military men, new businesses, novgorod, novosibirsk, presidential candidate, primorye, regional council, revolutionary changes, ria novosti, russia moscow, russian flag, russian prime minister, social housing, supporting sustainable development, trade unions, vladimir putin, vladivostok, volgograd