Punjab to get 250 mw power from Himachal PradeshMarch 9th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, March 9 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh will supply neighbouring Punjab 250 MW electricity during summer when the demand for electricity is high. Under an agreement reached after a meeting between Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his Himachal Pradesh counterpart Prem Kumar Dhumal, Himachal Pradesh will supply electricity to Punjab from July to September this year. Badal urged Dhumal to start the supply in June itself when the paddy-sowing season begins in the state.
Both chief ministers also agreed to construct a ropeway to connect the Sikh shrine of Anandpur Sahib, where the ‘Khalsa’ Panth was founded by the 10th Sikh guru Gobind Singh in 1699, near Ropar town, with the Hindu shrine of Naina Devi in Himachal Pradesh.
A Punjab government spokesman said the project was important for religious tourism in both states.
Badal assured Dhumal that a road link from Siswan village near Chandigarh to Himachal’s Baddi industrial area would be completed by June 2009.
He said this road would link Chandigarh with Anandpur Sahib, considerably reducing the distance between the two places.
- Hindu and Sikh shrines on Punjab-HP border to be linked - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Speed up ropeway construction between shrines' - May 01, 2010
- Himachal, Punjab sign pact on Naina Devi ropeway - Jul 26, 2012
- Ropeway to link Sikh, Hindu temple towns in Punjab, Himachal - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Virasat-e-Khalsa' opened at Anandpur Sahib - Nov 25, 2011
- Thousands converge at shrine for Hola Mohalla - Mar 08, 2012
- Badal to inaugurate Khalsa centre - Nov 04, 2011
- When PM's no-show becomes an election issue (Punjab Newsletter) - Nov 05, 2011
- PM likely to inaugurate Sikh monument next month - Oct 08, 2011
- Hit by delays, Sikh heritage project gets another deadline - Dec 06, 2010
- Green 'Hola Mohalla' festival planned at Punjab gurdwara - Mar 12, 2011
- PM to inaugurate Sikh heritage site - Oct 22, 2011
- Missing Punjab official found dead - Nov 29, 2011
- Australian Sikhs celebrate Baisakhi in Sydney - Apr 17, 2011
- Punjab: where politics and religion mix well (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: badal, chief minister, chief ministers, counterpart, electricity, government spokesman, guru gobind singh, hindu shrine, khalsa panth, mw power, punjab government, religious tourism, ropeway, sahib, sikh guru