Punjab minister complains of Air India flight delaysNovember 14th, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 14 (IANS) Punjab Health Minister Laxmi Kanta Chawla Sunday complained to Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel of “mismanagement” of Air India flights from Punjab to other parts of the country and sought his intervention.
“During the last two weeks, Air India flights from Amritsar are delayed due to which the travellers are facing a tough time. Delay of two to six hours means a big loss of time and money of passengers, especially for those who have to take a connecting flight or train to other destinations,” said Chawla here.
“We want the union minister to take up this issue very seriously. There is a possibility of some conspiracy to promote private airlines. When flights of private airlines like Kingfisher or Jet are operating on time, the stranded passengers of Air India are forced to go for other options,” she added.
Chawla noted that she could not attend an important government meeting at Delhi Friday because of the Air India flight delay.
“We wish that our money must go to our own national airline. I have urged the union minister to look into the matter to improve the working of Air India. I have also asked him to provide compensation to the people who have suffered due to the deficient services of the Air India in the past,” she added.
- Passengers stranded as 40 Kingfisher flights axed (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Air India cancelled 2,753 flights in the first six months: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Airlines advised not to hike fares: DGCA - May 11, 2012
- Finally, Amritsar-Chandigarh Duranto train is flagged off - Aug 24, 2011
- Full scale domestic operations commence at T3 - Nov 14, 2010
- Jet Airways to evacuate Indians from Libya - Mar 02, 2011
- Air India cancels 150 flights as pilots' strike continues (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Air India cancels 165 flights as pilots continue strike - May 02, 2011
- DGCA reviews airlines' safety - Jul 13, 2012
- 11 Comtel Air officials booked in Amritsar - Nov 23, 2011
- Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Air India flies out stranded British Airways passengers - May 26, 2012
- Air India cancels 150 flights as pilots continue strike (Second Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Dense fog hits hard Delhi, north India (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2010
- Air India to cut loss-making routes (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: air india, air india flight, amritsar, civil aviation, connecting flight, conspiracy, flight delay, flight delays, health minister, kanta, kingfisher, laxmi, mismanagement, national airline, praful patel, private airlines, six hours, time and money, time delay, union minister