Punjab cannot approve pay commission report: Poll panelApril 11th, 2009 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 11 (IANS) The Election Commission Saturday disapproved a proposal of the Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alliance government in Punjab to accept a report of the Fifth Punjab Pay Commission.
The state government had moved a proposal seeking the poll panel’s approval to let the pay commission submit its report.
The state cabinet, in a bid to beat the imposition of the model code of conduct, had decided last month to accept the pay commission report in anticipation of its submission.
The report, when implemented, will benefit thousands of state government employees.
The Election Commission has asked the state government to defer it till the completion of elections in the state.
- Punjab municipal polls June 7 - May 21, 2012
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government - Mar 09, 2012
- Akali Dal-BJP government has pushed Punjab back: Sonia - Jan 24, 2012
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- 'Jeeta and Jaggi', 'Jhootha and Thaggi' colour Punjab campaign - Jan 13, 2012
- Akali Dal to meet to elect leader - Mar 08, 2012
- Akali Dal-BJP win 68 seats in Punjab - Mar 06, 2012
- Punjab parties welcome Jan 30 assembly poll announcement - Dec 24, 2011
- Akali Dal ahead in Punjab - Mar 06, 2012
- Akali government blamed for lack of NRI voters - Jan 27, 2012
- 'Parkash Singh Badal to be chief minister' - Mar 08, 2012
- In Badal's 'Ram Rajya', no place for political vendetta (Punjab Newsletter) - Jun 30, 2012
- Akali Dal-BJP sweep Punjab civic polls (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Parkash Singh Badal set to again be Punjab chief minister (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- EC bans 'peo-puttar' words in Punjab poll campaign - Jan 22, 2012