Public meeting near Benazir’s mausoleum cancelledDecember 27th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Garhi Khuda Baksh (Pakistan), Dec 27 (IANS) A public meeting that was scheduled to take place in this Pakistani village, which has the Bhutto family mausoleum, to mark the first death anniversary of slain former prime minister Benazir Bhutto has been cancelled, a media report said.The cancellation of the public meeting was confirmed by sources in the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), Geo TV said.
However, the sources said PPP co-chairman and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari would address the people present there from Naudero House, the Bhutto family mansion.
Besides, a documentary on the life of Benazir Bhutto will be shown on the occasion.
The report said that security has been removed from the mausoleum of Benazir Bhutto.
President Asif Ali Zardari would not participate in the public meeting due to security fears, Geo TV reported quoting Naudero House sources.
Bhutto was assassinated at Rawalpindi’s Liaqat Bagh Dec 27, 2007.
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Benazir's mobile phones recovered from Bilawal House, Karachi - Feb 04, 2011
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Musharraf smoked cigars and had coffee with Zardari even after Benazir's assassination - Feb 17, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Bilawal to take up 'some political responsibility' in September: Zardari - Apr 28, 2011
- Thousands in Pakistan mark second anniversary of Bhutto's death - Dec 27, 2009
- BB's second death anniversary to be a low-key affair - Dec 14, 2009
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012