Protest in Ghaziabad against action on RamdevJune 7th, 2011 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 6 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and various NGOs held a rally here Monday to protest against the post-midnight police raid on Delhi’s Ramlila Ground to evict yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters.
The protesters also held a ‘mind purification’ yagya (ritual) for the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
Senior BJP leader Kalraj Mishra criticised the police action as an atrocity on innocent citizens, including women and children. He also demanded a special session of parliament to discuss the situation.
President of the Lok Prahri Sanstha Ashok Nagar said that the agitation against black money by Baba Ramdev in Delhi did not constitute any threat to the law and order situation of the capital, and the police were unjustified in using force against the peaceful protesters.
The police forcibly removed Ramdev and thousands of his supporters from the Ramlila Ground post-midnight Saturday. The yoga guru was then airlifted to Dehradun in Uttarakhand from where he was taken to his ashram in Hardwar Sunday morning.
- Ramdev's agitation an RSS tactic: Azad - Jun 06, 2011
- Pillai, top cop get Supreme Court notice on Ramdev - Jun 06, 2011
- Delhi Police took decision to evict Ramdev: Chidambaram - Jun 08, 2011
- Ramdev responsible for crackdown: Delhi Police - Nov 25, 2011
- Digvijay attacks Ramdev's 'drama' - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev supporters to continue protests against graft - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Forgiven government, but will continue fast: Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- BJP to meet president over crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 06, 2011
- Hazare's detention unconstitutional: Ramdev - Aug 16, 2011
- Ramdev reaches Hardwar to hero's welcome (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- BJP launches satyagraha against action on Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramdev says campaign will continue, reaches Haridwar (Third Lead, Changing Dateline) - Jun 14, 2011
- BJP meets president, wants parliament session on Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Shameful chapter in Indian democracy: Jaitley - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: agitation, ashok nagar, ashram, atrocity, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, black money, ghaziabad, innocent citizens, law and order, mishra, peaceful protesters, police action, police raid, progressive alliance, ramdev, ramlila, special session, uttarakhand, yoga guru