Protest at Andhra Bhavan against assault on employeeJuly 22nd, 2011 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) Around 100 employees of the Andhra Pradesh Bhavan here Friday staged an angry demonstration on the premises to protest the assault on a staffer by a Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader.
“We staged a dharna (sit-in) on the premises of Andhra Pradesh Bhavan and demanded the security of employees of the Bhavan be stepped up. We also made an oral submission of the demands to Resident Commissioner Rajat Bhargava,” said one of the agitating employees.
“We have been assured a meeting with Telangana ministers. The issue on Telangana is between the central and state government but why are we being attacked?” said another employee.
In an incident Wednesday TRS party chief K. Chandrashekhar Rao’s nephew Harish Rao and some party leaders went to Andhra Bhavan to keep the body of Telangana activist M. Yadi Reddy for public tributes there. But they were disallowed to do so. Yadi reddy, a young man in his 30s, hanged himself from a tree near India Gate to protest the delay in granting Telangana statehood.
In the full glare of media, Harish Rao slapped a Bhavan official, who said he was only acting on the directions of the state government resident commissioner.
- TRS leader slaps Andhra Bhavan official in Delhi - Jul 21, 2011
- Telangana leader slaps Andhra Bhavan official (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Telangana activists pay last respects to Yadi Reddy - Jul 22, 2011
- Andhra MP, Telangana leaders arrested in Hyderabad - Sep 27, 2011
- Telangana protest reaches CM's office, strike continues - Sep 26, 2011
- Vijayamma's fast in Telangana concludes amid protests - Jul 23, 2012
- Telangana issue again rocks Andhra assembly - Sep 18, 2012
- Bus accident sparks protest from Telangana groups - Sep 21, 2011
- Body of Telangana youth shifted to native village - Jul 22, 2011
- Telangana town tense as YSR Congress, TRS workers clash - Jul 23, 2012
- Telangana MP sent to jail - Oct 16, 2011
- Telangana leaders arrested for road blockades in Hyderabad - Sep 28, 2011
- JAC calls for Telangana shutdown Friday - Jul 21, 2011
- Telangana strike paralyses transport services - Sep 19, 2011
- TRS slams Chidambaram's statement on Telangana - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: activist, andhra pradesh, chandrashekhar, glare, india gate, nephew, New Delhi, party chief, party leaders, premises, rajat bhargava, rao, resident commissioner, staffer, state government, statehood, telangana, tributes, trs, young man