Promotions, transfers for Kashmir copsMay 31st, 2010 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 31 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government Monday promoted several police officials as well as ordering a few transfers.
A meeting of the state cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, decided to promote two deputy inspector generals of police (DIG) to the inspector general of police (IGP) rank and five senior superintendents of police (SSPs) to DIG rank.
Hemant Lohia has been promoted and posted as IGP (Traffic) while Panchak Kumar has been promoted and will take over as the IGP (Vigilance).
All the police ranges — Srinagar-Badgam, Anantnag-Pulwama and Baramulla-Kupwara — in the valley get new DIGs. Muneer Ahmad Khan has been posted as DIG of Baramulla-Kupwara, A.S.Bali of Anantnag-Pulwama and Deepak Kumar of Srinagar-Badgam.
The sensitive districts of Baramulla and Kupwara in the valley and Rajouri in the Jammu region have got new SSPs.
The cabinet also appointed new district magistrates of Ganderbal and Kupwara besides making over 20 other changes in the civil administration.
- Separatist shutdown hits life across Kashmir - Aug 03, 2011
- Separatist shutdown hits life in Kashmir Valley (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Shutdown call by traders affects life in Srinagar (With Image) - Jan 06, 2012
- Separatists shutdown affects life in Kashmir - Feb 07, 2012
- Police refutes Kashmir daily's report on 504 civilians, over 4000 security personnel injured - Sep 24, 2010
- Curfew continues in Srinagar; situation remains normal in Valley - Sep 19, 2010
- Power supply nearly restored in Kashmir Valley - Jan 09, 2012
- Curfew lifted from many parts of Kashmir - Sep 28, 2010
- Two more dead, Kashmir Valley under curfew - Sep 14, 2010
- Curfew continues in Kashmir Valley - Sep 15, 2010
- No violence in Kashmir, curfew partially lifted (Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- Curfew imposed across entire Valley, stray violence reported (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Four injured as troops open fire on protestors in Shopian - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: ahmad khan, anantnag, bali, chief minister, civil administration, cops, deputy inspector, district magistrates, inspector general, inspector generals, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, jammu region, kashmir, lohia, new digs, police officials, ssps, state cabinet, vigilance