Probe money trail in coal scam: BJPSeptember 6th, 2012 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) As parliament was disrupted for the 12th successive day Thursday over allocation of coal blocks, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) sought an answer from the government as to why there was no probe ordered in the money trail in the faulty allotments.
Speaking to IANS, BJP leader Prakash Javadekar said that according to market sources Rs.50-Rs.100 per tonne were paid as kickbacks by the allottees.
“They want us to believe that 17 billion tonnes of coal was given away for free. Market sources say the rate (kickbacks) taken was Rs.50 to Rs.100 per tonne. Is the government ready for a judiciary-monitored independent probe in the money trail,” Javadekar asked.
He also targeted Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh who earlier asked the BJP to “look within” for answers on coal blocks allocation.
“Firstly, Jairam Ramesh should answer one question - who signed on the orders for allotment of coal blocks,” Javadekar asked.
“Secondly, they (Congress) always say that BJP chief ministers wrote letters… Congress chief ministers also opposed the new policy (for auctioning of coal blocks). They are not showing those letters,” he said.
The BJP has been demanding Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s resignation over the coal issue, as he was holding the portfolio of coal minister through most of the time when allocations were made.
The main opposition party has also sought cancellation of allotment of blocks and a fair probe in the alleged scam.
- Probe money trail in coal scam: BJP (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Cancelling coal blocks not possible: Jairam Ramesh - Sep 13, 2012
- BJP to take coal blocks issue to people - Aug 28, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Opposition parties slam PM's statement on CAG report - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP slams UPA, demands cancellation of coal blocks - Sep 10, 2012
- No mining in any allocated coal block, says BJP - Aug 28, 2012
- Happy at CVC referring coal allocation case to CBI: BJP - Jun 01, 2012
- NDA plans stir in parliament complex against Coalgate - Sep 06, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- CBI not to probe Manmohan in 'Coalgate' (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- BJP to launch nationwide protest over coal blocks - Aug 29, 2012
- Cancelling coal blocks impossible: Congress - Sep 05, 2012
- Subodh Kant Sahay denies involvement in coal allocation (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: allocations, allotment, allotments, bharatiya janata party, chief ministers, coal, development minister, independent probe, jairam ramesh, kickbacks, main opposition party, manmohan, manmohan singh, market sources, money trail, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rs 50, rural development, those letters